Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kid A


Ove-Naxx makes some of the most well-made, playful breakcore I've heard.  He lives in Osaka, and from what I understand, he does all this on a sampler.  Like, without a computer.  That sounds a bit daunting to me.  I had a chance to see Mr. Naxx at Wasted in Berlin and it was pretty neat.  I've been known to get a bit bored at breakcore shows, but this guy held my attention from beginning to end with his music alone. No stunts or gimmicks.  He came with some of his friends from Osaka.  Dododo was a cute Japanese girl who walked around on stage and growled "dododo" in the best grindcore cookie-monster voice she could muster.  I remember her doing quite a bit of gabberesque sea-shanty stuff.  They came with this guy who's name alludes me (gulpepsch?).  He did beatboxing real fast like breakcore.  It was coool.  The next day me and Aaron ran into these guys in a chinese restaurant in Friedrichshain.  Dododo wanted fried rice and asked me to help her find it on the menu.  The menu was in German so I couldn't read it either.  I gave her my best guess and we forced our Assdroids cds upon them and left. 


Adam said that this sounded like a bad kid A remix. I have no idea what he's talking about. Adam is a stupid fucktard who needs to know what the fuck he's talking about before he opens his mouth, or else he's gonna get called out on my blog! 

No comments: