Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hangin' with Mr. Hooper

Marissa said that the Annette Peacock track on the last post sounded like Sesame Street.  I agree.  Unlike some people, Marissa knows what she's talking about.  Sesame Street is full of funk and old synths, even free jazz.  Seriously, Sesame Street has some great stuff goin' on.  My friend Adela is super into the show and has turned me on to a bunch of good segments.


Here is a tripped out color wheel thing with Philip Glass providing the sound.

Here is a really nice song about a capitol i.  I really like this one!
 

A song by the same dudes about lowercase n.
 

This one's got that Annette Peacock feel Marissa was talking about.  It's a classic.
 

Stevie Wonder.
 

A Twin Peaks parody? Sweet!

Herbie Hancock demonstrating a Fairlight synth to Tatyana Ali from Bel-Air!

I remember loving this one as a kid.  I didn't remember how awesome the music was though.

Holy fuck!

Free Jazz and a trip to the zoo!
Anyone know who did the music for this one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this shit blew my mind dude. I LOVE IT.

The Unflattered said...

This Sesame Street joint sounds like Annette!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4WjrHk0Bo&feature=youtube_gdata_player